Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Very Loved

My daddy brought me a rose for Valentine’s Day, his sweet way of saying how much he loves me. But he says he loves me all the time…

When he spends hours working on a pretty picket fence for my garden when he would have been just as content with metal poles and chicken wire.

When, despite the fact that he can’t perceive of anyone not preferring chocolate, he also buys Golden Oreos, just because he knows they’re my favorites.

When he lets me finish listening to the Met’s archival performance of Norma rather than turning on Patriot Radio when we’re in the car together.

When he gathers our family around to read the Bible and pray together nearly every evening.

When he takes me to Barnes and Noble at weird hours so I can use that enticing coupon they sent me, all the time knowing that this will most likely not be the promised “quick stop”.

When he keeps a roaring fire going, so that our home is warm and cozy.

When… When… When…

I truly have a wonderful daddy, and it’s not just on Valentine’s Day that I realize how deeply he loves me.

2 comments:

Tricia Regar said...

I loved this post! Sometimes it means so much *more* when they show love through their actions...

Kelli said...

What a beautiful tribute.